“Best Barns, Best Price, Best Product”
If you need a small barn, shed or portable building, you have come to the right place. We have been custom-building small utility structures in central Indiana and beyond for the past 20 years -- at very competitive prices. Our workmanship and the quality of our materials ensure that your building is sturdy, durable and attractive.
Your new shed or barn will be top grade at an affordable rate. With a 5 year warranty on labor and materials, and a 25 year warranty on shingles, you've made the best choice. Consider a tool shop for added space.
Barn, shed, tool shop, and portable buildings all come in various sizes with great features. Get pre-primed Louisiana Pacific SmartSide siding and 2x4 framing for a stronger finish.
BARNS, SHEDS, AND PORTABLES
• Custom Building On Your Lot
• Pre-Primed Smart Panel Siding For Less Painting
• Triple Door Stabilizer
• 5-Year Warranty On Labor & Materials
• 25-Year Warranty On Shingles
• Locking-T-Door Handle
• Pressure Treated Runners
• Your Choice Of Heavy 6' Aluminum Hinges Or 3 Black T Hinges Per Door
• 12" O.C. Floor Joist
• Pair Of Vents
• Treated Outside Floor Band
• Metal Threshold
• Double 59” Wide Door (Custom Width Available)
Our buildings have ranged in size from 8' x 8' to 24' x 40' two-story, with a 10' x 40' porch. We have had many repeat customers. We are more than willing to custom-design a building to meet your needs or dreams. We've recently introduced pre-built buildings constructed from currently available materials.
1) These buildings, like all of our buildings, are 2" x 4" framed (not 2" x 3"). Knot size is limited to 1".
2) Standard flooring is 3/4" tongue-and-groove.
3) We use 4" x 4" treated runners and laminated runners to support our buildings. These are about equal in strength to non-laminated 4" x 6" and approximately 50% stronger and much less likely to warp than the usual 4" x 4" runners.
4) All buildings are constructed with doubled top plates on both side walls.
5) We carefully place plywood and o.s.b. with the strength axis properly aligned.
6) All of our doors are carefully constructed from 3 layers of material on the top, bottom and center edges. This gives you a stable and strong door, resistant to distortion and unauthorized entry. The normally stationary door has both top and bottom interior latches. The operational door has a keyed lock built into the handle, with the latch being interior (no padlock to be cut).
7) All buildings have a minimum of 4 inches overhang on all sides. This allows your siding to remain dryer and last longer.
8) All floors have an outside perimeter made of treated lumber, as this area remains wet longer than any other place on your building, allowing bacteria and fungus a chance to reproduce and deteriorate if non-treated wood is used.
9) Full length aluminum hinges.
10 We offer a 5-year warranty on all workmanship and materials.
Sorry, we do not currently take credit cards, as we would need to increase our pricing by $50 on the thousand to cover our expenses. We refuse to pass these costs on to customers who use cash or check. We make every effort to eliminate or reduce as many unnecessary costs as possible, while maintaining high quality standards. We guarantee the structural soundness of every piece of lumber and plywood/o.s.b. used on your building. We fully stand by our tried and tested designs. We also believe our buildings to be attractive in their design, with a three-dimensional look. This is accomplished through the overhangs on all sides, plus the use of two-by material on the doors, avoiding the cardboard box or flat look. We think you will find our buildings attractive, low-cost and long-lasting.
Site and Delivery Requirements
It is the customer's responsibility to research the need for and obtain permits or homeowner association approval. We can block your building to level as long as the site is within 6 inches of level, although pre-leveling is preferred.
Some sites or counties may require post anchoring. We do not excavate. You will need to take care of these issues prior to the scheduled delivery date. Delivery within a 30-mile radius of Indianapolis Inter-National Airport is included in our pricing. If you are outside this area, there is a $2/mile charge.
For on-site constructed buildings, we will need electricity within 200'. If you can't be home the day of the build or delivery, please stake the 4 corners of the site, with a 5th stake where the door is to be located.
A 50% deposit is required on all orders, with the balance paid the day of delivery. We accept cash, check, money order, or cashiers check.
Caulking, Painting and Staining
You will need to caulk all the tops of horizontal lumber and the sides of vertical lumber with a good quality siliconized caulk or Silicone II TM. You will need to paint or stain your building within 30 days of delivery, or as weather allows, for best results.
The siding will be pre-primed. Trim and doors should be primed first and then painted. A good quality exterior latex paint is best on the siding and trim. The type of pre-prime does not absorb oil base paints, causing drying time to be extended, allowing dust and insects to become embedded in the paint for 24 to 48 hours. Oil base paint is okay on non-pre-primed wood.
We are looking forward to serving you!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16, The Bible